Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thoughts upon reading NME:

[yes, I'm wasting time at work - I'm covering the phones, yo, not much else to do - by reading the NME's Cool List 2005 issue]

* JOHNNY BORRELL IS NOT COOL
I frickin hate Razorshite. He shouldn't be there. And at #24? Ugh.

* The lead My Chem dude - who's name I've now definitively found out is Gerard. I'm not good with names. I only knew that Mikey one - looks strangely beautiful in the photo they have of him [#20]

* The Cribs [#14] need to book an urgent visit to Toni & Guy or something, stat. That hair... sheesh.

* I'm really not convinced with Liam Gallagher at #2 and Alex Turner at #1 [as mentioned previously]. Maybe I'll create my own Cool List 2005. But call it something better.

* What's up with Yorkshire being the total hotbed of English musical talent? Is it 'cause they ent got tellies and electricty oop north [can you tell I'm a Southerner?] [And before the hating comments start: I'm clearly joking. I ent racist. One of my best friends is from Yorkshire...] that they have to make their own fun by making music?

No comments: