Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Status Update:

Current Mood:
Not the best as my co-worker isn’t in again today – it’s totally taking the piss. You have to make some effort with work – that’s why it’s called ‘work', surely – and you can’t stay home every time you have a bit of a sore throat or you’re overtired. Hell, I got like 2 hours sleep last night, I’d much rather have stayed home. But there’s a thing called responsibility and obligation, innit.

Currently listening to:
Myself singing, humming and whistling various songs, especially The Walkmen/The Rat, Motion City Soundtrack/Everything’s Alright [gets badly stuck in me head], The Cribs/Mirror Kissers and The Paddingtons/50 to a Pound

Currently Haunted By:
The Walkmen/The Rat. I left Orchard Bar last Friday as it was playing; I turned on my ipod [set to shuffle] waiting at 2nd Ave station [rat-watching, incidentally] and it was the first song to come on. As I stroll up to Misshapes on Saturday night coming back from the Tribeca Grand it’s on my ipod again; I take off my earphones as I get to the door and hear the same song blasting out from inside. It’s everywhere I go. Pretty lucky it’s an awesome song then.

Current Thoughts On:
This weird mercurial weather – global fucken warming.

The word ‘mercurial’ – awesome.

Dark Room – until last night hadn’t been there since July/where I first hung out with CC in NY/I made out against that pillar/first coke experience/CC and Jordan’s dance off outside [see clip]/a fair few drunken nights – especially when we were drinking on the house/oh god remember when someone then ordered that round of Jagermeister shots…

Boy Crushes – bad news; I try to actively discourage myself from participating as it rarely-to-never leads to anything good. Plus I usually get really unwise crushes.

Girl Crushes – just as bad but totally different and thus not necessarily to be avoided

Going out tonight – do I? Don’t I? What are the options? I should probably chill and save some money. And, y’know, do some of that fucken massive stack of work I have to get done before Dec. 20th.

Pete Doherty – thank fuck NME seems to be cooling off – if only a little – on its suck-his-cock attitude

Alex [Arctic Monkey] Turner – oh fuck, NME just crowned him King of Cool? He’s like, what, 12? “Alex’s lyrics are working-class Yorkshire teendom flayed open at the guts and spilled steaming across the indie club dancefloor, and they speak to the hearts and souls of our tormented youth as directly as Pete’s did before it all went supermodel-shaped.” And no, Lauren Ashley, he really isn’t a hot teenager. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: you want hot teenagers, go to Misshapes

Lauren Ashley [Blogster] – the best. Seriously. Even if she does think aforementioned Arctic Monkey is hot.

Sunday nights - will be the new Friday nights in tha Oh-Six - ya heard it here first.



1 comment:

lauren ashley said...

that's the most amazing thing i've ever seen.