Thursday, November 10, 2005

Circle.Square.Triangle

test icicles
yes, this is blatantly stolen from their myspace page but i still don't have a mofo camera and i want to put pretty pictures up. and check it, they're hot.

Test Icicles pretty much rawked last night but I wasn't super impressed with Cake Shop as a venue. The sound system/acoustics seemed kinda crummy. And there was this hugely irritating guy down the front who kept trying to interact with the band, grabbing the mic and yelling "Fuck Chelsea!" Yeah, as if he even knows where Chelsea [London] is. These very-pretty-and-no-doubt-I've-seen-them-at-Misshapes-before boys behind us were talking about him as if he's something of a regular at gigs. They weren't impressed by him either. What a knob jockey.

Yes Johnathan from Georgia, I'm talking about you.

But T.I. - young, cute, English, exuberant... there were some times when it felt like they playing at home, just trying to make as much noise as possible to piss off their mum/dad/sister trying to revise for her GCSEs/neighbours, but there's some kind of charm in that, no?

Kudos also has to go out to Seva for helping me out last night doing what I couldn't [what almost led me to punch my mac] and helping me put my errant website in order. Cheers dood.

1 comment:

n/a said...

weird. i was at that show and me and my friends were talking about that guy. we had met him earlier in the night outside smoking before we know what a lame ass he was. we're not that pretty though and i don't go to misshapes anymore. you did comment on my blog though. i social climb. rock on