Wednesday, November 16, 2005

cock-a-doodle-what-the-fuck?

So there's this band in the UK called Rooster. I'm not really much of one for their music, but I'm happy to support 'em, champion them, whatever, as the singer, Nick Atkinson, is a local boy: I went to primary school with him [he was the year above], our younger sisters were best friends until the age of about 10, and I used to looked after his little godson, George, before I moved out here. In fact, I accredit Nick with my obsession with drums: me and my sister were at their house being looked after by their childminder yeeaaaarrrrs ago [I was probably about 9 or so] and he let me play with his drums.

Okay, that sounds kinda wrong.

He let me touch his drumset.

Even worse. There's no way to write that without it sounding like a double-entendre. We were kids, for chrissakes, get yer minds out the gutter.

Anyway, my point is this: having not thought about the band in a while, I went to their website the other day to see what they're up to currently, and as the page was loading up, one of their tunes started playing.

A rock-lite cover of No Diggity.

Oi! Rooster! NO!*

No no no no NO. Just plain wrong. Nick, you may have grown from geeky kid to good-looking rawkstah, you may have the cutest godson ever, you may be a Chiswick boy but there are some things that are sacred and Blackstreet's No Diggity is one of them.

*possibly a joke only the english, or harry enfield-loving americans, will get...

No comments: