Sunday, November 27, 2005

Man In Black

Let's get this out the way: I love Johnny Cash.

The most popular artist on my itunes is Johnny Cash.

The one Misshapes photo that exists of me [I hate having my photo taken. I see Hot Scott and his camera anywhere in my vicinity, I duck and cover, just in case there's even the slightest chance I'll just get caught in someone else's shot] is me wearing my Johnny Cash tee.

I knew I'd made a friend for life in my good bud Jimmyjames when, for assisting in the art department on a short film he was art directing, he gave me a burned set of CDs of the 'Unearthed' box set by... Johnny Cash.

One of my top five songs of all time is Girl From The North Country by [Bob Dylan and] Johnny Cash.

I once spent a week in my room, never opening the curtains, only leaving to go to the bathroom or make tea and toast, barely making contact with the outside world, all the while listening to Johnny Cash [although possibly the less said about this week, the better].

So it's fair to say I had high expectations for Walk The Line. Lucky for them, it didn't disappoint. [The two leads do a great job - and they do their own singing.]

I'm not going to write a proper review. I'm not a film reviewer. The one time I had to write one for a zine, was like blood from a stone. So I'll just say this: Go see it, y'all.

No comments: