Thursday, November 24, 2005

happy tofurkey [hey, i'm a vegetarian]

okay, so thanksgiving means very little to me besides a four day weekend [you all understand that t-g is something to do with the pilgrims landing in america, thus making it an *american* holiday? and being english, that would mean we don't celebrate it in england, right? 'cause it's strange the amount of people who've been surprised when i've said we don't have thanksgiving in the UK] but in the spirit of things, i'd like to give thanks for [in no order]:

* NYC
* all the amazing people i've met here, especially CCK/LAS/RH without whom my NY experience just wouldn't be the same
* this past summer
* myopenbar.com for fuelling this past summer
* myspace, for making it easier to keep up with people i've met here
* misshapes and orchard bar for some truly excellent evenings
* girl roomie for taking me to misshapes in the first place [and for her general fabness]
* LC and Lula magazine. Here's to many more to come, bub.
* my family
* the fact that my sister's heart-stopping seizures [wait - my heart; her brain-stopping-] didn't mean something worse than they did
* the people back home who've leant me moral support and a stream of emails when tingz were rough over here
* my dad learning what AIM is, thus saving transatlantic phone calls and more people to chat with when wasting time at work

crap. why can i not think of any more? this is terrible. i'm thankful for everything i have and have experienced and to all of you who've made a difference to me. i hope everyone stays warm and well and has a great thanksgiving.

No comments: