Friday, December 02, 2005

What do you call a one-armed drummer?

Rick-fucken-Allen, foo'.

So last night, after a feast cooked up by yours truly [Thursday is the one day of the week when I actually bother to cook as it's dinner-and-The OC-date night, so it's not just myself I have to feed] and a helping of rich young Californians being bitchy, spoilt and hit by cars, we were channel-hopping and came across this gem. Or rather, I hopped right past it but a cacaphony of "LEAVE IT!!" soon made me hop back...

Where to start... VH1 was playing Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story, a made-for-tv movie about the band - who I actually know very little about, but was clearly sitting with three of their biggest fans...

def leppard story


It was inspired genius. The Sheffield accents were beyond dodgy and Sheffield itself looked more like - well, Montreal according to the filming locations on IMDB, the hair was just awesome - oh, the 1980s... - Anthony Michael 'The Geek from John Hughes movies' played Mutt Lange, and I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that even with the glam 80's mansions and recording studios, the dude was still driving a crappy beat-up Volvo. But it was worth it just to see Allen play the drums again, hear the incredibly politically-incorrect jokes my boy roomies were making, and have Jaz and CC rockin out to 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' or whatever the hell that song is called.


def_l2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, it was so nice meeting you last night. as wierd a night as that was. i'm going to a kereoke party tomorrow night, you should come... my sn is otterbug55(don't laugh, i've had it since i was 13 hahaha) IM me sometime!