Friday, March 24, 2006

so i may be 25 but i'm hardly going to act all grown up

thug life mosaic



CC made me this incredible birthday hat/crown/paper sweatband that had the words "Thug Life" cut out of it. I wore it most of the night when we were at The Annex, only taking it off to place on other people and then take their photo.

Unfortunately I didn't quite have the nerve - or enough vodka in me - to get BKB to pose with it, although their keyboard player did express an interest in it.

Low point of the evening: some random girl comes up and starts talking to me - has ascertained it's my birthday so comes to say happy.
Her: "So how old are you?"
Me: "Umm, 25"
Her face drops.
"Oh. Wow. Well, happy birthday."
Her and her friends, they're in town from Kansas on Spring Break [woo hoo! ahem], they're 19 - and look every inch the 19 year old Kansasians [or whatever the term would be]. Let's face it, half the kids around are underage, but NY teenagers seem to have a certain... elan, a certain flair, which makes them a little more untouchable.

So anyway, my birthday sucked royal ass until about 9:45pm when I met up with Lauren and Sarah H. and then it picked up from there, until it became a whole lot of fun and pretty fucking great at The Annex. So there we go.

And of course there's still Round 2 to come this evening...

No comments: