Wednesday, March 22, 2006

retreat/to sleep/go out again next week

the rakes



So it was the Live From London showcase at the Bowery Ballroom [Plan B, Boy Kill Boy, Towers of London, The Rakes] - with afterparty and further acts [Brakes, The Young Knives] at The Annex.

I've had like seven hours sleep in the past two or three days so can barely see straight right now but just to say:

- Only caught the last song of Plan B but seemed okay enough.
- Didn't even watch Towers of London - was sat downstairs chatting with Sarah and Gurj and Jordan and half-hearing the screeching going on overhead. Did get back up to see some poor girl, injured, surrounded by security and worried friends. I heard they kicked her or a mic stand or something into her face. Excellent work.
- Boy Kill Boy great.
- The Rakes were sweet and played a pretty tight set, but didn't blow me away. I kinda wish they had. I was impressed with how coolly he handled someone throwing a pint cup of ice at him. It totally smacked him in the face or chest, and he just said "good shot" and carried on. I also got a little distracted by the fact that the guitarist looked SO much like one of my friends younger brothers, only skinnier. But he could totally be a long-lost member of their family. It was weird.

brakes

Brakes at The Annex


No comments: