Friday, March 03, 2006

happy birthday kitten

miss american apparel circa 1983


Memorial Day weekend, May 2005, taken from an email:
"Outside [Luke-&-Leroy-era] Misshapes, talking basketball with Rob. He introduced me to a guy he was talking to (Matt*, I think) and a girl (Lauren) and I stayed chatting to them outside...

...and later going back outside and talking to Lauren again, and then saying I was gonna take off... so she walked with me up to Christopher St and we were chatting and she took my number to hang out and a bar she's working at is having an opening party tonight and she said come along."


And that's how it all began...

I don't want to say anything more because I'll get all gushy and embarrassing, but I would just like to say that the birthday girl in question is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, especially for "taking a chance on an unknown kid" [name that film I just ripped off].

Lauren, have an amazing day, I love you lots, I hope you like the present - just don't point it anywhere near me. Happy 24, kiddo. xoxoxo

*Sweet kid. Ran into him the following weekend at Orchard Bar. We chatted. I made a big faux-pas about his band that I'd never heard of at the time. Clever me. Yeah, "Matt" would be the one and only Matt Rubano, who's birthday it was yesterday. So Happy Belated, Matt.

1 comment:

lauren ashley said...

it's safe to say you're the most thoughtful person who ever existed.

i cried!