Tuesday, May 02, 2006

so I finally started packing

So the whole party-every-night-in-my-last-week-here plan already hit a bump when we decided not to hit up Sway tonight. Instead, while the overworked American Apparel employees crashed [what's that thing about no sweatshop labour again, Dov?], I thought I should actually start sorting stuff out.

Be impressed: I actually packed a whole suitcase.

Be less impressed: I barely made a dent in my room.

How the fuck did I accumulate so much crap over the course of a year?? Some of it I'll throw, but most of it does actually need to go back with me. Dang. This packing malarkey ent gonna be fun. So after one suitcase, dispirited at how little headway I seemed to have made [although I have emptied two drawers and half - well, a third maybe, of my closet] I gave up on the packing idea and sorted music for:



Clearly not worthy of a flyer shout-out, but they're letting me behind the decks again [brave guys]. I'm doing the early [warm up] slot.

After an AIM conversation this eveing with someone who will remain nameless, it's been decided I have to play either 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' by Wham, or 'I Saw The Sign' by Ace of Bass. I was debating whether to or not but decided that my imminent departure for an indefinite amount of time should be enough of an escape if the Gentlemen decide to chase me out of Black and White, cracking their riding whips and shaking their moustaches in my direction. And as my nameless companion pointed out, "I bet they like Ace of Bass really. I mean, just look how tight their pants are."

No comments: