Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Goodbye Day

So today is going to be the day I run around saying goodbye to everyone. Gosh, doesn't that sound like fun? I mean, I know that with the people that really matter to me, it's not a forever goodbye or anything. I know that one of them is out in London in about three weeks, another is possibly coming in June, three or four others in September. And I'm sure - no, certain - that I'll be back here.

But it's not just the people, it's the place, it's the lifestyle, it's the - without sounding too schizophrenic - it's the person I am when I'm here. I just don't want to let go. As much as I love London [born and raised, where my family are, etc etc], there really is no place like... New York.

So for all of you who I don't get to say goodbye to in person, thanks for everything, good luck in the future - and all that jazz. Come say hi if you're in the Big Smoke. And, like Ellen said, hopefully I'll be back here before you can say "visa". Or perhaps "five hour waiting line at the American Embassy"...

So anyway, in my recent procrastination [that, I think, reached a new low when I found myself standing among piles of clothes, an empty suitcase yawning at me, trying to figure out how to play 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' on the ukele - true story], I threw together random video clips and a ton of photos that have been taken on my camera in the past year since I moved here [well, apart from the plane taking off that I clearly nicked from a stock footage website], on imovie.

Hey, it fucking beat packing.



[or watch directly at youtube here if this is slow to load]

No comments: