Friday, May 19, 2006

jobless layabout


As I'm still jobless it means I have time for lunch dates in Covent Garden, and afternoon tea in Soho, for popping in to Magma and standing gawping at everything like a kid in a candy store [a moment of self-promotion: check out the new Flux mag, issue 54 - got my Sonic Youth interview in], picking up the new Amelia's that has Swarovski crystals on the front and the new Super Super [j'adore].

It means I have time to go sit in the Apple Store on Regent St to hear my friend give a presentation, and later spend too long hunting for good ice cream in the supermarket [and failing]. It means I've had time to be bummed the Nets are out of the playoffs. To read two Harry Potter books [the sixth and then re-reading the first. Geek Alert: I'd just like to say OMG about the ending of the sixth. Okay, geeky moment over]. To watch a whole series of Buffy on DVD over a long weekend [okay, maybe that geek moment wasn't over...] To realise that my bank balance needs topping up verrrrry soon. And more than enough time to notice the Evening Standard comment that unemployment is at its highest since 2002...

No comments: