Sunday, May 14, 2006

I miss New York like whoa

So my internet action has been supremely limited since I returned to my house, as I discovered my dad has a dinosaur of a computer that's still on dial-up - dial up! I didn't even think it still existed! - and, my temper already shortened, the frustration of waiting for pages to load up has been incredibly short. However, it's Sunday evening, I've just managed to find a hot spot in my house [perched on the arm of the sofa, my back to the TV. My bum is actually getting kind of numb, these arms aren't very comfy] where I can latch on to a neighbour's wireless, so I'm taking advantage to run around the blogs and photo sites and check my emails.

Then, of course, I return to blogger to write something hilarious and entertaining about being back, but to be honest, right now all I can think about is the fucking huge lump in my throat that I've given myself from catching up on everything that's been going on back in NY. I miss it and the people and my life there so much more than I thought. Being back was nice for about two minutes, then the frustration and otherhomesickness kicked in.

I'm sorry London peeps, it's been lovely to see you all and I do miss you when I'm in NY, but right now NY is so much better for me than London ever feels. I need to get to grips with London more but at the moment, all I want is 24-hr running subways and the insane doorman at Annex and the teenagers at Misshapes and the DJs and the kids in bands and the American Apparel kids and the bloggers-in-person, and wine in the garden/on the bedroom floor or coffee at Sugar Sweet or sushi at St Marks or vodka-sodas anywhere and and and...

Okay, I'll do a better London entry when I'm feeling it more, but I'll leave you with a few London pictures, just so the Smoke knows I'm not completely ignoring it.

New Yorkers - send out a rescue mission, asap...


well toto, we're not in new york anymore...
Well Toto, we're not in New York anymore...

you know you're back in England when supermarkets have aisles like this:
You know you're back in England when supermarkets have aisles marked as such.

first pimms of the summer
Pimms O'Clock.

leith & tilda
Two characters that do make London better.

2 comments:

Nicky Peacock said...

aw heck.

at least you didn't have to come back to a tiny backwards northern town with not one single decent cafe/bar/club eh?

count yr blessings petal.

i want to *eat* tilda-lamb

Nicky Peacock said...

p.s
word verification fuck-up's make me want to k.i.l.l