Sunday, October 29, 2006

Misshapes!

now i know i'm back in new york [or perhaps just misshapes]



Misshapes. Leaving home without a jacket and regretting it the minute I stepped out from the subway. Fly-posting Don Hills with Littlans and Horrors posters the minute I got in there. Noticing how much Don Hills has changed and smartened up. The Hammerhead shark wandering round. Ben Littlan bringing me up a large vodka-cranberry from their supply in the basement VIP room. Just heading down there myself a couple minutes later, running into Jackie who's holding a glass of straight vodka for me - which goes straight in the pint glass Ben has given me. Waiting upstairs for the IS and talking to some adorable [young] LA hipsters. And talking about Cory Kennedy, of all things. And them buying me a drink. Spending most of the evening downstairs in the basement, but the order of things is a little hazy as I haven't really been drinking for the past six or so months and suddenly there's free alcohol just *there*. Talking with Jenny Penny who was wearing the most awesome Jackie-O-on-assassination-day costume. Someone trying to introduce me and Hot Scott and him saying "Whataya doing, she's an old Misshapes regular!" Lame, but it totally made my evening and made me feel like I was actually back in NY. Talking to Rhys "Spider" Horror - a sweetheart. Not a fan of the NME tour.

Littlans play Misshapes



People digging Littl'ans set. Ronnie being as crazy as ever. Running into Quinn and giving her a smiley face necklace that Dan and I had created earlier and a glowstick. Raverrrr. Heading back to the basement. Talking to Karen and being introduced to Brian Battjer. Knocking a beer bottle to the floor. Oops. Wishing Geordon a happy belated. The Horrors set totally tripping people out. The strobe lighting tripping *me* out.

The Horrors



Eventually deciding to peace out. Heading to the pub round the corner to use their bathrooms as Don Hill's' were blocked up - as ever. Grabbing a cab with Quinn to 1st. Some dude on 1st hollering "Yeah girl, red pants. Work it!" at me. Getting the L. Waiting for the G. Freezing my ass off getting home. Falling into bed.

raverrrrrr

No comments: