Sunday, October 22, 2006

let's get these teens hearts beating, faster faster

the academy



Sick as a dog. Well, in a drama queen kind of way. I just have a really heavy cold, and at the worst time possible. NY friends in town, packing to be done, clippings folders to sort, flights to take... gigs to attend. Spent the afternoon sleeping, then dosed up on lemsip with caffeine and headed over to Brixton with my sister.

I've never actually been to Brixton Academy before, took us a couple extra minutes to find it, and we thought we were running late but we managed to find it in the middle of The Sounds set. Got ourselves a drink, my sister got IDd at the bar which pleased her no end, fought our way to a suitable position, surrounded by shorter emo kids.

We both immediately got a crush on Brendan Urie - adorable - and they put on a dazzling show. I would say more, but I was a bit lightheaded from dosing up and general head cold-ness. Lots of dancing and singing - which, you know, helped my throat a lot, of course, but far too caught up in it all to notice at the time. Oh, and the batteries I bought for my camera on the way to Brixton - two lasted four minutes, the other two lasted about three minutes. Fabulous.

P!ATD

No comments: