Wednesday, October 26, 2005

mp3 heaven and halloween dilemmas

I'm feeling remarkably chipper today, following the black cloud that seems to have been enveloping me recently. I had very odd dreams about Lula magazine and Jimmy and Leith and sealions and having random body parts grafted to other parts of my body. Very strange.

I think my ipod has finally bitten the dust. Kicked the bucket. Gone to the big Tekserve in the sky. The battery ran out as I got in to work yesterday morning, so I whacked it on charge for the day, picked it up when I left. As I left the building I turned it on. The first few tantalising bars of Kaiser Chiefs kicked in, lifted my spirits somewhat. I crossed the road. The battery died. I almost threw it on the ground and stamped on it [yes, I can be that childish]. I work round the corner from Tekserve on 23rd, so I went there to ask them about it. The dude was cool, he recommended coming back in the morning so they could change the battery for me as there was a bit of a line right then. Excellent. I'm happy. I'm walking out the door. He calls after me.

"Oh hey, what kinda ipod is it?"

"A mini."

Sharp intake of breath. "Oooh. Sorry. Nothing we can do for you then. We've tried changing mini batteries, just kills the ipod."

"So - nothing?!"

"Sorry."

Mother. Fuckers. Not even a year old. Totally going to bitch to Crapple about that one. 5 second battery life. My arse.

So last night I caught like the last half hour, forty minutes or so of 'Honey'. I've admitted to having a soft spot for cheesy hip-hop movies before, right?

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is it that I found Lil' Romeo totally hot? He's like, fourteen or something. For shame!

Oh, and I still don't know what the eff to wear for Halloween. I went by this shop on 14th last night and was completely overwhelmed. England totally misses out on the Halloween efforts, swear to God.

No comments: