Thursday, July 20, 2006

this one time, at band practice...

Who the fuck wants to work during a London heatwave?? I bunked off work to go to band practice and photoshoots, and discovered this:

beach

Why did no one tell me they'd built a beach in East London?!? It's between Brick Lane and Commercial Street. How brilliant? I do miss the beach being a mere [40 minute or so] subway ride away. And yeah, okay so a real beach with some sea would be better, but it's still a neat idea.

I felt a little sorry for the boys having to rehearse in an unventilated basement during this weather, gotta say. They sounded really good.

rehearsal

But clearly the tambourine player felt he didn't need to practice too much...

i guess the tambourine player doesn't need to practice much

So me, Ronnie and Jackie disappeared up to the other end of Brick Lane to go get beigels. Mmmmm.

I realise I've only been back in a shitty 9-5 office job like - what, ten days or something? - but I do relish the days of freedom. Office jobs suck. If only freelancing was financially sustainable [big words].

No comments: