Thursday, July 28, 2005

You say tomayto and I say Oh My God

Soooo. My apologies to anyone who encountered me earlier this week, mainly Tuesday and Wednesday morning. It wasn't a pretty mood. That was a pretty big thundercloud I had hanging above me. But I've kicked the mood, made peace more or less with the housemate who sent the email, had sushi and realised that ginger vodka, whilst it may be vodka, just isn't going to do the trick (it mings for England. Or the US, in this case).

So back to the usual shit. A distressing incident occurred over the weekend that i'd now like to relate.

Picture the scene: Sunday, coming up to midnight, we're sat on a random stoop on North 7th in W-burg with a slice of veggie pizza each, after hanging out at Union Pool all evening being given free drinks.

And suddenly it happens.

I hear myself say it.

"Tomayto"

Yes, that red fruit frequently found on top of pizza. But it was not spoken in the good old Queen's English - which sounds something like tomahtoh. No no my friends. The 'a' did something weird. It picked up an american twang.

Worrying. Very worrying.

1 comment:

Nicky Peacock said...

i am going to kick you in the shins if you say that again.

pip pip old bean