Monday, July 11, 2005

corn chips and playlists

I totally couldn't be bothered to cook tonight so for dinner I had some matzo, a handful of corn chips (mmm so tastee. Why on earth do we not have them in England?) and a spoon or two of 'Rice Dream - Mint Carob Chip' dairy-free ice cream. Did anyone else ever read Everyone Else's Parents Said Yes when they were a kid? Totally made me think of the mother in that. So a nutritious and delicious dinner for me, then.

And I know i was joking kind of recently about procrastinating badly and ending up making CDs, but it's actually becoming an issue.

I got home this evening with good intentions of doing work... and ended up wasting a long time creating a new playlist.

Since I've been here (NY), I've had articles to write and edit, things to arrange, the major project to edit and a new project that I've started some groundwork on. But of course procrastinating comes first, and I've also managed to create about five or six new playlists for various people in that time. It's impressive. This one was creatively entitled July '05, and was with thoughts of chilling on rooftops/in the park. That kinda mood. I miss my roof.

1. Island in the Sun - Weezer [the only Weezer song I know]
2. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes [makes me think of my Fi]
3. Captain Badass - Songs:Ohia
4. A Cautionary Song - The Decemberists
5. Rest My Head Against The Wall - Heatmiser [Elliott Smith before he was Elliott Smith]
6. My Friend And The Ink - Shout Out Louds
7. Here Comes My Baby - Yo La Tengo [this song, in any version, makes me think of my momma]
8. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
9. I Know Where The Summer Goes - Belle & Sebastian
10. Theme from Pinata - Bright Eyes
11. (Do Not Feed The) Oyster - Stephen Malkmus
12. Coffee & TV - Blur [sorry CC]
13. Anything You Want - Spoon
14. Swinging on a Star - Big Dee Erwin
15. Forever Lost - The Magic Numbers
16. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure [I was hopping around the office like a crazy child singing this last Friday]
17. I Don't Need Love, I've Got My Band - The Radio Dept.
18. Cayman Islands - The Kings of Convenience
19. Romulus - Sufjan Stevens
20. Bluebird - Devendra Banhart

Interestingly I noticed that one playlist that had been made for someone started with the song 'Never Talking To You Again' - Husker Du, and initially ended with 'So Long' - Rilo Kiley. Sounds like I was channelling something subconscious there... Anyway. It's all been changed. But it made me laugh when I noticed it.

Thought of the evening: Gosh, editing can be quite boring.

Second thought of the evening: 'I Only Have Eyes For You' by the Flamingos is still easily one of the best songs ever recorded.

No comments: