Tuesday, April 25, 2006

T-minus 14 days

Sooooo two weeks left.

Exactly... hold on [cogs grinding, bad maths skills slowly awakening from the layers of dust accumulated through lack of use since GCSEs]... 336 hours from now I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic. Gosh.

I made a To Do list, because I'm feeling so scattershot right now I can barely remember to tie my shoelaces in the morning. Good thing it was pissing it down today so I could wear non-shoelaced rainboots. Or "wellies" as we prefer to call them in the motherland.

To Do:
* pack

* somehow transport all this shit from here to Brooklyn. Anyone with a car who'd like to help will be amply... umm, thanked. No euphemism. I will just say "thank you" a whole lot. And perhaps offer gas [petrol] money.

* go to Sway for Monday night hip hop. I'm actually meant to be there right now but I've been sick all day and as much as I reallllly want to go b/c I know there are peeps going tonight, all my common sense is saying "stay in, you can't afford to get sicker right now". So a big "boo you whore" to my common sense.

* get new camera. Most likely the Nikon D70, because I can pick up my $500 "finishing bonus" [they bribe us to go to classes] this week and - well, I want it.

* check out Aurora in the 'Burg because I've only heard good things about it, and it's always nice to eat out.

* wait until I get paid to do aforementioned dinner plans.

* DJ again. Who wants to let me? Who dares let me back behind the decks?? Step up, step up...

* figure out what the hell to do with my beloved bike. Dismantle and ship it? Sell it? Pass it on to someone who will love, appreciate and take care of it?

* see another show. From the looks of it, my last NY show will the Ivy League acoustic show next week, which is nice.

* I should probably list some more touristy/cultural things, right? I'm drawing blanks though...

If you were going to leave New York, what would you do?? Answers please. Tell me what I *have* to do before I leave.

Apart from rock-n-roll all night and party every day?

No comments: