Tuesday, September 20, 2005

american twangs and i'm not okay

happy family endings


how fucking rad has it been having my little sister in town these past few days?

totally fucking rad.

this is at happy endings last thursday, when we made a brief pitstop to soak up their open vodka bar. i didn't balance the cam quite right so it's a little skewed...

so we went out for dinner on sunday night, me, fi (sister) and two of her friends who coincidentally happen to be in the city at the moment for a wedding and they spent the entire evening ripping the piss out of me for how i speak. apparently i've picked up an american twang. i tried my hardest not to. but according them, it's very evident. goddamnit.

right now i'm in one of those moods that can only be alleviated by playing really fucking loud music, but my itunes on my work computer has a really limited playlist 'cause i just never put much on it so at the moment it's just got my chemical romance [when the hell did i start listening to such random music?? since i moved over here, my music collection has just altered and expanded radically, it's most odd] - i'm not okay, like, on repeat [just a single mp3, i don't have the album]. i need to get some music on here that's good to play loud.

plus, i have class in like an hour and i just cannot be arsed, as ever, [see, my vocabulary still has its english roots] to finish this fucking assignment. ugh.

* * *

umm, i actually *am* okay, btw. it wasn't one of those teenage angsty things where you listen to a song moaning "that's my life...". it was just a case of work stacking up, not managing to leave the office at all during the day, not having my first meal of the day till about 3:30 'cause things were so crazy here [got dizzy spells once i managed to eat something. shouldn't that have been the other way round?], and generally needing to wake up. hence the need for loud music.

once i left the office and stepped outside i mellowed out somewhat. listened to belle & sebastian [ahh, sweet Tigermilk]. played hooky from class...

No comments: