Thursday, August 04, 2005

news alerts and "Team 2102"

D'you know what's a lovely thing to see as you turn on your computer monitor first thing in the morning? A BBC News Alert just sitting there, waiting to tell you that Al-Qaeda has promised more London attacks. It's enough to make anyone's morning.

Plus - it's the Ben Folds/Rufus Wainwright concert tonight in Prospect Park. I found out about it about two and a half months ago and have been rabbiting on about it ever since, trying to find someone to go with (didn't feel like hitting this one by myself). Except that I couldn't find anyone in time and now tickets are sold out.

So on a scale of one to ten, how pissed off was I when I discovered my male housemates all had tickets - especially in light of the apology email last week that said something about wanting me to feel more "included" in the house, more a part of "Team 2102" (ugh) - and hadn't asked me if I'd like to go when they bought them?

Yeah, these amps go to eleven, baby...

No comments: