Wednesday, August 03, 2005

chelsea brownstones and donnie darko

Good news: someone in my office just offered me their duplex Chelsea brownstone apt to housesit for 10 days between Aug. 12th-24th. Result.

Bad news: am currently in middle of big email blow out. I fucking hate arguing by email. It’s unsatisfying and annoying and ridiculous. Actually I hate arguing, full stop (American translation: “period”). But I detest confrontation so it seems emails or IMs seems to be the way it happens. Plus, it's a lot harder to argue in person when there's 3000 miles and an ocean in between you and the other person.

Also:
Managed, once again, to procrastinate from work last night by dozing off, being coerced into watching the last half of Dirty Dancing (not that I needed much coercion), then making more playlists – one for an upcoming birthday, one for the newly-engaged.

Tell me, do you think it’s in bad taste to include a song entitled ‘There Will Be No Divorce’ (the Mountain Goats) on a CD you’re sending to someone who’s just become engaged? I was torn. It’s something of a judgement call.

Self-promotion moment:
6 Degrees finally put up the Richard Kelly (writer/dir Donnie Darko) interview - the interview was actually done like three years ago, for another publication. But whatever. It's finally out there. I'd like to point out I didn't edit this. It's a little oddly done.

No comments: