Sunday, March 09, 2008

meme, myself and i

Okay that was really lame. Sorry. So anyways, I got tagged, which I have discovered admittedly a little belatedly as my interweb usage has shrunk recently, but here goes. A quick recap of the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Here goes. The first book on the pile next to my bed is England's Dreaming. It has more than 123 pages. It just turns out that p. 123 is the first in a new chapter, and is thus only three sentences long (most of the page being taken up with a large number 10 and an illustration of Lou Reed from an old zine. So I have to go for the one underneath that - I Am Legend, borrowed from Sam, finished last week, and not yet returned:

He took a deep breath, wondering why the tightness in him didn't break. For a while he'd thought that he trusted her. Now he wasn't sure.

I expect the meme stops here, as I don't know who still reads this that could be tagged...

And for the record, no I haven't seen the film, no I'm not really interested.

No comments: