Saturday, August 11, 2007

Take a look at the lawman, beating up the wrong guy...

Oh god. I just finished watching Life on Mars. I can't begin to describe how utterly brilliant and amazing the show is. The writing! The acting! The music! Augh!

As the show kept getting better and better (and nearer and nearer to the end, there only being 16 episodes spread over 2 series in total) I was starting to spack out about how the hell had I missed this show... and was then relieved to discover that it actually started on BBC when I was still living in NY, and I therefore had a valid reason for not really being aware of it - and it wasn't just my usual "Pah, all TV sucks! Cough*apart from Dr Who*cough" stance that had made me miss out on this gem.

Thank the stars for DVD boxsets, and people persistently telling me how good it is.

I actually had to watch the last episode twice. I was so scared they were going to fuck it all up with a crappy ending but... Oh.

Life on Mars blows my mind. I think it may have just slotted in at number two on my very short list of truly excellent tv shows (the others being, in case you were wondering, Buffy and Spaced, at places one and now three respectively, with a small cluster of Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development, Dr Who, and some of Angel and Roswell kind of hanging around just below that).

A wee taster, courtesy youtube, right near the beginning of episode one, when Sam first arrives in 1973. C'mon, if this doesn't tempt you...



All episodes can also be found here. Although I'd recommended getting hold of the boxsets, personally.

No comments: