Friday, June 29, 2007

getting priorities straight...

“Dear Chloe and Toby

Thank you so much for your kind invitation to your wedding reception tomorrow night. Whilst I realise that I’ve already responded with a “count me in”, I’m afraid I’m now going to have to politely inform you that I will be unable to attend. There has been an unfortunate scheduling error. You see, the Dr Who season finale happens to be on at the same time as your party starts.

So I wish you lots of luck in starting your married life, and hope the party goes with a swing. I’ll be thinking of you as I sit on the edge of the sofa, watching The Master, the Doctor and Martha Jones battle it out. No hard feelings for this sudden cancellation, I hope. A person has to have priorities, you understand.

Lots of love,

Hannah”


Bah. It’s not really workable, is it.

No comments: