Thursday, March 15, 2007

neon bible

neon bible

Last night. Arcade Fire at Brixton Academy. Patrick Wolf supporting.

My mind has just officially been blown.

Although I do have to take a quick moment to mention the complete twats behind us at Brixton who had been doing many drugs beforehand, and were then smoking a joint throughout the show and chatting absolute shit. My favourite was the conversation between two of the girls:

Girl 1: "Yeah it's like Andy Warhol, you know-"
Girl 2: "Yeah, Andy Warhol-"
Girl 1: "Everyone's famous now-"
Girl 2: "Yeah, so famous"
Girl 1: "And it's just like Warhol, you know? And like The Velvet Underground, I mean it's like them, you know? They were underground and then they were famous-"
Girl 2: "Yes, yes, I know."

Whateverrrrrr dudes. Just shut the fuck up and stop elbowing me. Stupid people at gigs make me cranky. And big venues like Brixton mean a lot more stupid people.

Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Bluebells - Patrick Wolf

I did also have a brief moment, watching the Fire up there, where it suddenly struck me that in a couple weeks' time my friends are gonna be playing that stage, which was weird but made me grin.

the arcade fire

No comments: