Tuesday, January 23, 2007

tuesday evening and i'm a cheapskate

goofballs



Sunday actually ended up being a thrifty day, in the end. Sam, my plus one for the screening, brought me books (courtesy of Penguin, no doubt...): Peter Pan ("Because no one's ever actually read it") and The Outsiders, which had been on my Amazon wish list. After the movie I headed over to east London where James D. and Jimmyjames (as above, with Tilda Plum) were entertaining Metal K and his lady, who were in from LA. Jimmyjay gave me a 2000 AD t-shirt that didn't fit him, and then bought me a Wonder Stuff LP (old joke). We went to get food in Spitalfields but nothing really took my fancy so I just didn't eat. We later wandered round the conservatory at the Barbican (fun to explore as none of us had ever managed to get in before), which JJ drove to. Then Tom bought a round in the pub. Result.

So all in all, I only paid for travel expenses. Which, of course, with the goddamn price of travel here, was still more than enough. Oh for $2 subway rides...

And while I'm writing: if it's got to be this cold, it could at least snow and provide some entertainment. The most fun I've had these past two days is getting over-caffeinated and dancing around with my ipod cranked loud to De La, Lady Sov, Marvin & Tammi and, um, Fall Out Boy, attempting to bring some order to my little corner of Universal Music.

No comments: