Tuesday, February 07, 2006

you know it's a lazy sunday when...

0200: Finish flicking through beautiful french magazine and decide to maybe go to sleep
0417: Woken by rowdy roommates returning with entourage and deciding to very noisily make toast [worse, as my bedroom is just off the kitchen]
0705: Wake up naturally, swear because it's Sunday and there's just no need to be awake so early
1130: Wake up again, decide I should actually get up
1215: Actually get up
1237: Scintillating conversation with my dad: "Well I was looking for a hacksaw down the side of the washing machine, and it's such a mess in there, so we decided to clear out the washroom. Anyway, how's New York?"
1318: Leave house
1346: Arrive at kid robot in SoHo where I'm meant to be meeting a friend of a friend who's in town for a couple days [I'm running late]
1500: She buys me lunch. Awesome.
1520: Head to the burg to go hang at Lauren's
1545: Get to lauren's. She's still in her jammies. I sink straight into her amazing nest of a round chair. We chat and watch tv.
1715ish: As some horrendous Toni Morrision adaptation comes to an end [that we haven't really been following and thus become more and more confused every time we've returned our attention to the screen] - me: "I should really make moves to go." Lauren: "Oh really?" She throws me a fleece blanket. We turn over, avoiding all sports-related channels [Superbowl? what?] to 'Die Hard With A Vengeance'
1800: Michelle: "We're gonna order from Anytime, you want anything?" Me: "Nah, I'm okay."
1830ish: Anytime arrives. Me: "I'm hungry."
1833: I run to the deli next door to get cereal. All boxes priced around $5 [!!] apart from Fruit Loops which have $1.99 emblazoned across the box.
1837: Me: "Only in America could I be eating bright pink and electric blue cereal..."
1930: "Okay, I should really go home now."
2100: "I guess I should go soon. Man, this chair is so comfortable. I feel like I'm in a tv coma."
2145: During an ad break in the second back-to-back episode of 'Beauty and the Geek 2', I stand up. "I really have to go." Lauren: "What?! You're not going to stay and see what happens?" I sit back down.
2200: "Okay, I'm going..."

And in honour of "Lazy Sundays", and because I showed someone this clip last night who hadn't seen it before, and because it's *still* just as funny even though we've all seen it a billion times [apart from the person last night, clearly], the original Lazy Sunday...

No comments: