Friday, May 07, 2004

my trip so far

* i walked past david cross about an hour after landing in NY

* there have been big thunderstorms both nights i've been here

* there is a great deli right round the corner from where i'm staying. uh oh

* i watched a softball game when i was killing time in central park. it was the broadway league: The Producers vs The Playwrights. it took me ages to realise it was the show 'The Producers', and that Matthew Broderick, Mr Ferris Bueller himself, was sitting two rows ahead of me. he then batted and played 1st base for his team. he was okay. everyone was a little sycophantic. first time up at bat he missed, second time he bunted it down to first base but the guy fumbled it, so Broderick managed to get to first while the right fielder scooped up the ball. everyone was like "yeeeahh matthew! go matty!" and i was like - it wasn't that good. anyone else who did that might have got a smattering of applause or something.

* i just couldn't bring myself to go into banana republic even though my sister wants me to bring her back something from there

* my credit card has already been refused (eek)

No comments: