Sunday, September 07, 2008

Note to self:

Films to re-watch as soon as I have time:
  • Repo Man. "...Ordinary fucking people, I hate 'em."
  • Total Recall - which I haven't seen since I was about 12 and made some friends watch it at a sleepover. Perhaps that was the beginning of my oddball reputation... when all they wanted to do was watch The Outsiders and cry over Johnny, and I make them watch a total mindfuck of a film.
  • Memento. Know I've seen it, but don't remember.
  • The Matrix
  • Shaun of the Dead. One of the rainy Sundays in August (and it felt like there were many), when the grey skies drained all productivity out of me, I sat and watched all of the second series of Spaced (having watched the first the day before), followed by Hot Fuzz. For some reason I never got round to SotD that day, so it feels like a piece is missing.
  • A History of Violence
  • Withnail & I
  • Kill Bill (both volumes)
  • Pulp Fiction. Haven't seen since the year it came out and I was a wee teenager. As much as I liked it then, I'm sure I'd appreciate it much more now.
  • Brick. One of my favourite scripts I've ever read.
  • Brazil, which is playing the BFI at the end of September so must try and twist someone's arm into going with me.

No comments: