Tuesday, December 18, 2007

two interviews, one evening:

Obviously this is actually a picture of two foals-as-in-baby-horses, not Foals the band.

Dude. Yannis from Foals can TALK. A rescheduled phone interview that I thought would last about five minutes stretched out as he has much to say about music, the album and the music industry. Passionately and vehemently. (And ends with him saying "Oh now I'm just chatting shit. In fact, I've probably been lying to you for the past half and hour..." Joker.) But good for him. Far better too much talkage (ahem, even if it does mean a longer transcribing job*) than surly, gum-chewing, half-asleep on the sofa, not really paying attention interviewees. Not naming any (French) names. God I hate press junkets.

Then later, an email interview with Hope Larson (far easier, no dictaphones to mess things up. Plus, one could be sitting on the sofa, eating peanut M&Ms, half-watching Anchorman, and be doing the interview at the same time. Theoretically, I mean. I am of course dedicated to my work and chained to my desk...) whose work I love. Surfing her stuff online just makes me realise I should get back on the drawing thing, as it's been sidelined recently amid freelance work, interning, and trying to find a job. It also reminds me that Scott Pilgrim vol.4, drawn by her husband, still hasn't arrived in my local comic shop. Boo.

*actually not so long as my stupid dictaphone (the Belkin plug in for ipods) keeps skipping and chewing up chunks of the interview. Beyond annoying.

1 comment:

soulb said...

yo - check www.wearefoals.com yo