Thursday, February 22, 2007

la science des reves

science-of-sleep-review-1



Went with James D. to see The Science of Sleep last night. Holy moly. I didn't really have any expectations, but I loved loved LOVED it. I know it divides audiences, and I understand some people's points about Stephane not always being a sympathetic protagonist, but I think I identified with him far too much (I spend my life in a daydream). As much as I enjoy Eternal Sunshine, I still found Science of Sleep reached me on a more emotional level than Sunshine.

I also came away with a huge girl crush on Charlotte Gainsbourg.

PS. Did you know the Borders on Charing Cross Road has now made its bathrooms for customers only? I mean, I know most stores' bathrooms are meant to be customers-only anyway, but they've now gone and put big sodding keypads and shit on them. I asked a guy that works there how to get it. "Well, have you bought anything here?" "No. I'm about to, I just reallllly have to pee first." I almost crossed my legs for extra emphasis. He told me reluctantly how to get in.

PPS. In case you were wondering, the code for the ladies is 0272. Although I don't know how often they change the code.

TheScienceOfSleep02

No comments: