Monday, July 12, 2004

rock... hard place...

i had this dream last night that the reason sam hasn't been in contact, seems as if she's not speaking to me, is because i - i won't tell someone something

and she was all like "it's for your own good", and refused to talk to me until i did something about it

but it left me in the position of: if i didn't say anything, then i'd lose her friendship; if i *did* say something, i ran the very real risk of losing this other person's friendship. stuck between a rock and a hard place.

'cause although it was a bitchy thing to do, kind of immature, i could see a method in her madness (there's a back story to the whole thing that i'm not going into...). but i didn't know what to do - i was thinking that was it worth being friends with someone who would do something like that. then remembering how good the friendship was when it was working.


then of course i woke up.

but i've still spent all day thinking it's real, and having to remind myself it's not.

coincidentally i actually got an email from her this evening. i'd like to say out of the blue, but i texted her on friday night to see if she was back and this was a four line email response to that. four lines. wow.

better than nothing?

i'm such a sucker. loyal to the point of stupidity.

but like i say, i now can't get this idea out of my head, about her being really pissed off that i'm too... "me" to do anything, say anything, whatever.

t'was all just a dream. queen mab at work playing her dangerous games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had that kinda insight....most of my dreams are about being hunted and killed, provided I even get to sleep at all, which is never a given...

There are some fun ones though, I have the reoccurring one where I am running through an old neighborhood of mine with those demon dogs from Ghostbusters...privacy fences and garage sales are also prevelant...anybody feel like taking a stab at that one?

-Col Freud
http://col-mustard.tripod.com/blog/